Standard Operating Procedures
THE WORLD WAR 2 LIVING HISTORY REGIMENT, INC
ARTICLE I LINEAGE
The WW 2 Living History Regiment Inc. is, and shall always be, a WW 2 Educational/Historical Organization with Headquarters in Colorado. It is because we are an Educational/Historical Organization that we have Non Profit status. We are not part of, nor do we approve of, any paramilitary, survivalist, or racist group!
ARTICLE II PURPOSE
A. The purpose of this organization shall be to:
- Preserve the heritage and memorabilia of all nations which participated in WW 2 in Europe and to keep alive the traditions of the Combat Soldier of that period in history.
- Educate the general public to the importance of preserving all of the artifacts, memorabilia, and history of WW 2.
- Show and demonstrate the history and equipment of this conflict to the general public for their educational benefit.
- Encourage and foster the growth of “historically accurate” living history/reenacting as a hobby.
- Conduct “Closed to the public” tactical battles for the enjoyment of the membership.
The motto of The Regiment shall be: “Lest they be forgotten!”
ARTICLE III MEMBERSHIP
- GENERAL MEMBER shall be any legally competent person at least 18 years old, who fills out the required enlistment form, pays the required fee, and joins a recognized unit.
- FAMILY MEMBER shall be any legally competent person - wife, or child between 16 and 19 years of age, living in the same residence as their General Member sponsor. They must also be a participating combatant in the same unit(s).
- AUXILIARY MEMBER shall be any person who does not participate as a combatant. They can not be counted on a unit roster or receive High Ground.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBER shall be any firm or individual, who does not participate, but does wish to support The regiment. They shall receive the Regimental News Letter High Ground and may advertise therein at the prevailing rates.
- For 16 and 17 year olds to participate in Battles, skirmishes or Tactical Demonstrations, the General Member sponsor must also be a participant.
- Auxiliary and Associate Members are allowed to ride in Non Tactical vehicles (jeep/red cross flag over hood, ambulances, etc.) in the Battle Area, but there must be NO weapons in the vehicle — Emergencies excepted! Violation of this rule will result in the immediate expulsion from The Regiment of everyone in the vehicle!!!
- Initial enlistment (new members ref: Article III. A. sections 1 and 2) shall be for two (2) years. Renlistments may be for either one (1), two (2), or three (3) years.
- NO officer (elected or appointed) or Unit Commander shall hold any command position in any other WW 2 reenactment group/organization, unless they resign their office/command in The Regiment!